Salad 1 Tbsp canola oil 1 cup quinoa 2 cloves garlic, crushed 3 green onion, chopped 1 cup chicken stock (vegetable stock) 1 cup water 3 ounces baby spinach 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced 1 cup red pepper, diced 1 avocado, cubed 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Vinaigrette 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 1/3 cuo olive oil 1 Tbsp honey 1 Tbsp dijon mustard 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes Salt & pepper to taste
Instructions 1. Heat canola oil in medium sauce pan.
2. Add quinoa and toast (2-3 minutes)
3. Add garlic & white part of onions only and cook until fragrant about 2 minutes. Save the green part for later.
4. Add chicken stock & water bring to a boil, uncovered, lower heat and cook until liquid is almost all gone about 20 minutes. Turn heat off and put lid on the pot to allow quinoa to steam dry. (5 minutes)
5. Add spinach to the bottom of a medium size bowl and add the hot quinoa. The spinach should wilt, this will take a few minutes, toss the quinoa and spinach every couple minutes.
6. Add the red pepper to the bowl and refrigerate to cool the quinoa down. About 15 minutes.
7. Add the remaining ingredients except the green onion tops and toss.
Vinaigrette Combine vinegar, oil, honey, dijon and seasonings. Add dressing to suit your taste, I use 1/3 cup.
This dressing is great on any salad so save what you don’t use.